Friday, August 8, 2014

                                       

It was Monday morning, the sun has just shined and the world was filled with the rays of the golden brown sun. A small dove was moving around in the middle of the street. It appeared as if it was looking for something lost.it was confused and stressed as I was coming closer. It hesitated to fly once, twice and more.finally it flied a small distance and dodged me. When I passed by its former place, there I saw a small dove. It must be its offspring. it was fallen from the nest.the wounds in looked like as it was fallen from seven heavens or as if an atomic bomb exploded and the shreds wounded it.
I dared to touch it with a view to save it from the by passers and the stream of the cars that were about to pass. Suddenly, there came a sharp scream of a young lady on the second floor of the apartment." keep away from Jasmine" she said. She was very pretty with long hair, drawn eyebrows and charming face. I was astonished and knew nothing to say but to utter a murmur to fill the gap and break the silence caused by her loud scream. She added: "Don't you hear what I said?".then I felt like obliged to respond and defend myself. " Jasmine is a nice name. That's why she should be taken care of more". I felt as if I was about to convince her that I am catering of the dove. She said that Jasmine went out of the cage when she wanted to feed it and the mother. I asked her to come down to take it back to cage. When she came closer my heart was beating twice than before. I felt something towards the lady. We conversed for a while then she asked me to have tea together. Her house is such a luxurious one from the age of nineties. It was well equipped with costly furniture. The chairs from wood, the armchairs were made from leather. There were curtains allover the windows. The lady didn't want anyone to spy on here nor to know what's inside the house. There were some pets and some birds. When we sat to have tea. She introduced her family that were all pets and birds. She gave everyone a name. When I asked about her family, she bent her head looking to the cup of tea moving it and answered with a deep sigh:" They all passed away". I felt sorry for her. No sooner had she left her head and gazed at me, that she said:" it's ok ". Her parents and the two of her brothers died in a tragic car accident. They passed away on their road to hospital after a visit to aunt. Her only aunt is the sole member left on her family. Unfortunately, she suffers from the zhaymer, the illness characterized by making one lose the memory partially or even completely. The lady made many friends, but they were of no use. She suffered hardships to keep them. They were seizing her naivety and taking advantage of her. She finally got rid of most of them and lived with the pets. As we advanced in the conversation, I felt as if I liked her. It's that kind of feeling that makes one feel attracted to somebody. I wondered if she could accept my friendship. But I hesitated to ask her. It was about 9:00 a.m . I had to head to my shop. I told here about myself. I wanted to be as humble as I was all the time. Then I was brief saying that my name is Jim. My friends called me Dji and that's the name of my shop. I am a shop owner and shop keeper. I was 26 at that time. Lila was 21. She worked in a pharmacy and she had a big sum of heritage. She owned a small mall, she was engaged in a private classical music school. I was glad that I knew some about her that would help me arrange for an appointment. I asked her for a date and accepted. The first time was a bit hard due to lack of harmony as I was too shy. After dating for about a month, I decided that it's the time to confess that I am in love with her. We met as usual in the neighborhood's restaurant. I picked up a small red box.then I pushed it softly towards her. She said:"what's that" I asked her to open and see on her own. But she insisted to know what was inside the box and for which reason. I said: today is the sixth of December. It is a cold day but, to me,it is too hot. It is a special day for you. It's your birthday." She was shocked how did I know about her birthday. But I went on and said that the gift is not only for the birthday. It was a proposal. It was also for our engagement if you please to marry me. She burst in tears and squeezed my hands. There were an amalgamation of feelings. She smiled, she laughed,she cried and she was even embarrassed abruptly. She finely looked in my eyes and said:" I hereby announce myself your own wife till death. " I was really glad to hear that. It was as a second birth to me. I announced the news to all the people in the restaurant.they applauded congratulating us. Then we lived a happy life breeding birds and have some other vocations. We have had two little children too.









.


0 comments :

Post a Comment